Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

First of all, happy Memorial Day. While I myself never served in the Armed Forces, I do have many friends and family who have. It wasn't because I didn't want to- I had a health issue that prevented me from passing the physical. I spent four years in JROTC, so many of my friends and classmates went on to serve our country. In short, freedom isn't free and even though most of us enjoy the three-day weekend, we can't forget to reflect on those brave men and women who gave their lives so we could remain free.

The view from our front porch- stars and stripes, a dirt road and a hay field- Americana at its best! 

We spent our weekend working on some house projects, doing yard work, and spending time with family. 
Saturday was mostly spent chasing around paint colors for E's new room and for our front door project. You can read more about that on our house blog, Organized and Simplified. We had a cookout with my husband's family, where we visited with his cousin who lives in Georgia. Emorie got to spend time with her best bud and cousin Caroline. These two are beyond cute! 

We spent Memorial Day itself working in our garden and FINALLY rounding up those paint colors. I will post more about that when we are done. 





No comments:

Post a Comment