Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer vacation has begun!

My summer is off and running...literally. I will be participating in the Triangle Race for the Cure tomorrow morning at Meredith College. This is on my bucket list and has been forever. I decided it was time to stop talking about it and just do it. And what better time then now, right?

I know I've been a bad blogger for the past two weeks, but with school letting out, I just needed some free time. Today marks my first official day of summer vacation...and Emorie's last full week of daycare until August. We always send her twice a week in the summer so she can stay in the routine, and to reserve her spot for fall. I used to feel guilty for sending my kiddo to daycare while I'm off work, but then I realized what an awesome opportunity this is for me to go to the grocery store, clean, work on projects, or anything else difficult to accomplish with a little one. On the days when she isn't in daycare, Emorie and I will be at the pool or library, or here at home having "Mama School."

"Mama School" is this really neat preschool curriculum I found online. We'll be doing science experiments and working on math skills, as well as letter recognition and phonics. Emorie loves to learn and she loves to read, so I know she will enjoy it. Before you ask, No, I don't plan on homeschooling Emorie in the future. This is just a way to prepare her for preschool this fall and to help keep her mind busy this summer.

In addition to "Mama school," the pool and the library, here are my other summer plans:

1). Read the novels we are using for literature circle this year
2). Complete several home projects, such as reconfiguring closets, refinishing my cedar chest and re-purposing a TV armoire
3). Re-organize several cabinets and drawers
4). Re-do my laundry room

What about you all? What are your summer plans?



No comments:

Post a Comment