Thursday, June 26, 2014

Shopping guide: Disney's Frozen





My three year old daughter is obsessed with the Disney movie Frozen.  In addition to having a Frozen-themed party for her birthday, we also have several Frozen books and toys at our home. She even has Frozen themed underoos. Some of these items were given to her for her birthday. Since I know this movie is hugely popular and there are plenty of other little girls who love it just as much as mine, I thought I'd share.

My girl absolutely loves coloring and painting, so the coloring book and paint kits were both big hits for her. 
She also received the read along book for her birthday- this one is neat because it includes an audio CD so she can follow along. Elsa's Icy Magic  is actually two books in one. The other side is a book told from Anna's point of view, called Anna's Act of True Love.  It follows the storyline of the movie, but from Anna's point of view. All of these books are directly based on the film and all of them are available at Wal-Mart. 

We have a few Frozen themed toys as well. My kiddo loves Barbies, and has received several Barbies as prizes for using the potty. She specifically asked for these two Frozen princess dolls. 

Disney Frozen Sparkle Anna of Arendelle Doll- $12.99


There are also Prince Haans and Kristoff  dolls available. 

We don't have any Frozen plush, but you can find plush Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Haans, Olaf, and a very cute plush version of Sven. I almost want to buy Sven just for the cuteness. 
There are some very nice Frozen princess costumes on Amazon and I've seen some at Wal-Mart and Target, too. I don't remember how much the ones at Target were, but the Wal-Mart costumes were $15. They don't come in toddler sizes, but I think the size 4 would fit my three-year-old. 

Due to the musical nature of this movie, there are so many neat musical toys available. 

There are also a number of games and puzzles available. I'd buy her the Memory game, but she already has two Memory games. 
 
Artistic Studios Disney Frozen Wooden Magnetic Playset (25-Piece)


If you're wanting to spend a little more money on a big present (we buy one big present and some smaller presents for both birthdays and Christmas), here are some great options. We don't personally buy a lot of big toys because we don't want to clutter up the playroom. We also don't usually spend a lot on toys as she outgrows or loses interest in them. These playsets are really neat. 

 

If you're birthday shopping for a little Frozen fan, I hope I have given you some good ideas. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment