Sunday, May 4, 2014

Weekend recap

We had a fantastic weekend, though a busy one.

Friday evening marked mine and Mr. B's fifth wedding anniversary. We don't feel like we've been married five years, but we have. My, how the time does fly! We didn't go anywhere Friday night, because we had gone out for a nice dinner the previous weekend for my birthday and our anniversary. We spent a quiet evening at home and just enjoyed one another's company.

This weekend, my grandparents and my aunt also came into town. They live three hours away, so even though we do see a lot of each other, we make it a point to spend some time together when they come down. My aunt, who is more like my sister than my mother's sister, and I went on a short, but very fun shopping trip. We are both crafters, so we hit up Hobby Lobby. I bought some wreath making supplies so I could finish up this project. I also made a mental note of several July 4/Memorial Day/Flag Day decorations I want to buy as soon as they are half-priced. We could have happily spent all evening in there, but we hurried over to the high school to watch my favorite cousin in her high school production of Tarzan. Sadly, we didn't get to watch the play as the loud music and some of the scenes in first part had poor Emorie freaking out. I guess she is a bit young to go to a musical :(. We ended up leaving and going to get some ice cream.

Emorie is involved in a program at church on Wednesday nights called "Adventure Kids." I am not one of the program leaders, but my mother is. I can definitely tell my kiddo has learned a lot about the Gospel through this program. Her Adventure Kids graduation was this morning at church. She sang four songs. This is important because last year she refused to stand on the stage or sing at all. She did a great job this year and even won her first certificate, for having the best attendance and the most badges in her class.
Singing away!

Serious face! 

"I am ready for a nap and I do not want to pose with my certificate!"

We have a busy week ahead, but we are ready for it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment