Sunday, May 18, 2014

A weekend filled with plantin' and family

If you can't tell, I took a bit of time off from blogging. My regularly scheduled blogging will resume at the end of this week. Our week has been extraordinarily busy.


How sweet is little miss Emorie?

Friday night was the eighth grade dance. I went, I danced, I helped give this year's eighth graders what I hope was a lasting memory they'll always treasure. I got home late, tired, but feeling good. 

Saturday morning led to a trip to Lowe's, where I purchased MDF and trim to create E's new chalkboard for her playroom. I'm not done with it yet. I also bought some shelf paper so I can give her little bookcase a quick make over. 

We also visited with family and planted some flowers in our numerous containers we've got stashed around this place. It was a great weekend, full of sunshine, fresh air and family, and I cannot wait for our three-day weekend this week. Please know that my outdoor planters are far from finished, but I am lovin' what we've done so far.

These red impatiens are planted in an old RC Cola wooden crate I found at my grandma's house. I was going to plant succulents, but when I saw these, I decided I'd really like them on my back porch. Plus, since we have our (currently unfinished) back porch decorated in red and navy, they match the color scheme. 

So the "RC Cola" is faded, but you can still see it.



No comments:

Post a Comment