Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day weekend

I thoroughly enjoyed my Mother's Day weekend!

On Friday night, we went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and then visited Michael's grandparents.

Emorie attended the Strawberry Festival with her grandmother, great-aunt and cousin, while the husband and I accomplished a few household tasks. She got her face painted and enjoyed the playground. Here's a picture of my sleepy sweetie after the Strawberry Festival- can you see the heart on her face?
When she returned, we took her to Burlington City Park. This park has an amusement park for small children with a carousel, a train, helicopters, boats, and little cars. There is also a walking track and playground. We love it because it's less than an hour from our house and the rides are only about a dollar each. Emorie loves it because she's fearless and loves the rides- the helicopters are her favorite! We were supposed to go shopping after the park, but a huge gully washer came up and we got soaked and had to go home.

Here we are riding on the train together. 
She loves the carousel- we rode it twice! 
My helicopter riding baby- her new favorite. 
She also rode the boats. This picture was taken only seconds before the torrential downpour began, which soaked us down to our skivvies. 
A soaking wet selfie- Emorie and I after getting soaked to the bone in a surprise rainstorm! 

On Sunday, we went to church, where we enjoyed a fantastic sermon. Mother's Day at our church is always Baby Dedication Sunday, which always takes me back to when we dedicated our sweet girl. Afterwards, we went to Cracker Barrel for a wonderful lunch with my mother-in-law, my husband's grandmother, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. 

We definitely had a busy weekend, but it was a wonderful one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment