Sunday, January 18, 2015

Today, I will choose joy.



If you follow me on Instagram, then you may have seen my post this morning. I have noticed lately that I am becoming bitter and angry in the wake of all we have experienced in the past year. I don't want to be a person who is bitter or angry, so I decided to make a personal choice to look for the joy that is already present in my life, rather than focusing on loss and pain. Circumstances are often temporary, and I don't want a difficult season in my life to stop me from experiencing true joy.



Part of this decision stemmed from my devotional this week:
"Unfortunately, we often rob ourselves of the joy that is right in front of us. We devote our hearts to fear and worry. We waste our energy complaining and grumbling. Instead of being thankful, we covet- our neighbor's house, our friend's long vacation, a stranger's expensive car or stylish clothes. We focus on our unmet expectations instead of looking for ways to delight in our Creator and enjoy the gifts God gives us everyday.- Taken from Journey, published by Lifeway. This entry, Friday, January 16 appeared in volume 22, Number 1, January 2015. 

Each week I am going to try to do a picture post of things that brought me joy throughout the week-not because I want to brag about it, but to share and keep myself accountable as well.

Here is what brought me joy this week. By the way, this is certainly not EVERYTHING that brought me joy, it is only a few things. 

This sweet girl: 

Our dog Bear's reaction to the pig hoof we bought him at Tractor Supply: 
This good news: (which also happens to be one of my favorite verses):


See you soon with more joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment